We are looking for a dynamic and enterprising Health and Safety OfficerCoreslab has an immediate and permanent vacancy for a Health and Safety Officer, who will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and upholding of OHS policies and programmes
- Advising and instructing Coreslab management on wide health and safety-related subjects, such as safe noise levels and machinery use
- Conducting risk assessments, Standard Operating Procedures and enforcing preventative measures
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Health and Safety Officer to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. You will be required to advise Coreslab on additional measures that can be implemented to ensure compliance with the highest possible standards in terms of workplace health and safety. This is in addition to constantly inspecting the workplace to ensure ongoing compliance with OHS.
The suitable candidate will demonstrate commitment to OSH regulations and swear by health and safety in the workplace. As this role will mainly entail preventing accidents in the workplace, the suitable candidate will also be conscientious and farsighted. This is in addition to having an eye for detail and be ready to respond to any health and safety-related emergencies.
Coreslab is committed to maintaining a safe workplace that operates according to legal standards, as well as nurturing a culture of health and safety among its employees.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programmes
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics, such as safe noise levels and use of machinery
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures, as well as update them according to legislation
- Initiate and organise OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformance with OHS protocol. This includes ensuring the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Oversee installations, maintenance and disposal of substances, among others
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that are deemed dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine their causes and handle workers’ compensation claims
- Organise and chair Safety Committee meetings with management
- Prepare reports on incidents and provide statistical information to management
- Proven experience as a Health and Safety officer
- Provide at least 3 references
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation (OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Sound understanding of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office, with working knowledge of safety management information systems a plus
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Certificate/Diploma in occupational health and safety
If you believe that you meet these requirements, please send you cv to email@example.com by 12 March 2021.